Over the past 18 years Matt has worked in the Health and Fitness Industry as a Personal Trainer, Nutritionist, Group Exercise Instructor and Health Club Manager in India, Philippines, Australia and New Zealand. He now resided in the beautiful coastal town of Hervey Bay in Queensland, Australia.
During this time, Matt has provided lifestyle and nutrition coaching to thousands of people from all over the globe. From Sports People and Body Builders, to people that just want to get in better shape and enjoy the benefits of improved health.
Matt LOVE’S food and truly believes that food is one of life’s great pleasures. His mission is to break the myth that healthy food has to be bland.
As a child Matt was severely overweight. But on his 19th birthday, he decided to join a gym and get some nutrition advice. He soon lost all his excess weight and in 1999 started work as a Personal Trainer. He quickly realized that exercise is only 40% of the equation, so in 2003 Matt completed an Auckland University of Technology Course in Nutrition.
Matt has competed in four Body Building Competitions, placing 2nd in two and third in one. The experience, although grueling, helped him better understand the human body and the effect the right foods have on our body.
In 2004 he was selected as the Personal Trainer of the year in New Zealand and later that year, featured on several TV programs.(Some examples below)
In 2005 Matt was selected to be the official Personal Trainer and Nutritionist for the EAS Body For Life Program in New Zealand, making meal plans and training celebrities to promote the program and product.
In 2017 after Matt’s Mother was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic Cancer, he started to research the benefits of the ketogenic diet in regards to managing or reversing the effects of cancer which led him to develop an online ketogenic meal planner, which has helped people all over the world not only help manage chronic disease, but also lose fat and increase energy. Ketogenic eating is great for the majority of us, but Matt keeps his nutrition prescription flexible as everyone has different wants and needs.
Matt believes that achieving optimum health is a mixture of science, psychology and basic math. Get the calculation right and it can unlock the secrets to achieving and maintaining the best you, you can possibly be.
Some facts about Matt :
- 20 years in the Health & Fitness Industry as a Personal Trainer, Nutritionist and Trainer to Personal Trainers & Nutritionists in NZ, Australia, Philippines and India.
- Matt specialises in helping people shift their mindset to shift their weight.
- Matt has personally helped over 1000 people all over the globe get into the best shape of their lives.
- Voted Personal Trainer of the year in 2004 (See video below)
- Specialist in weight/fat loss, muscle gain, lifestyle coaching and dealing with degenerative diseases such as diabetes.
- Matt has been a sought after consultant to create recipes for food companies developing healthy meal options.
- He has provided Health and Fitness Seminars/Workshops for companies all over the globe.
- Matt has authored two weight loss cook books and weight loss ebook
- Matt was the designer and creator of the globally popular Ketofast online meal planner which you can view at www.ketofast.net.
- Matt has been overweight for many of his younger years and understands what it feels like to be overweight as well as how great it feels to be in tip top shape!